April 18th, 2013
I finished this quilt about a month ago and never posted about it. It has a lot of texture to it, which I love. Here’s a shot of it lying on the floor near a window. The color is not right, but it shows the texture pretty well:
Here are some other shots that are closeups of different areas. The deep blue is more a reflection of the true color, but I had to take some shots without a flash to show the wonderful texture:
I love how the outer blue border came out. I need to do more stuff like this down the road:
I felt kind of dumb at the end because I had been really careful to mark a border line about 1/2 inch from all edges to be sure I didn’t quilt into the area that would ultimately become the binding. Once I went to bind it, I felt like it needed a little punch of color right at the edge, so I added that narrow orange channel along each edge. Of course, this covered the edge of the quilted design…GRRRRR!!!!:
The appliques were all cut on my small Sizzix Big Shot using the Appli-K-Kutz Stems 2 die and Petals 4 Large die. Totally, totally fun to make!