Frequently Asked Questions
- I live in the UK/France/Austria or other EU country, and your webstore will not let me complete my order. What is going on?
For our customers who live in an EU country, there were VAT tax changes made in 2015 that have impaired us from selling electronic files on line (like our embroidery design files). An unfortunate consequence is that now we cannot sell any items online
to EU customers since our store cannot distinguish electronic files from all the other items we are able to sell online.
So the work-around solution
is to contact us by clicking here
, and indicate what you would like to purchase, and your shipping address (to calculate shipping charges). We will then email you an invoice that you can pay online with a traditional credit card (not a prepaid one) or PayPal. Once paid, we will ship out your order. If the VAT rules change in the future, we will post that on our website.
- What do you charge for shipping my order?
First, place your items in the cart and click on Proceed to Checkout. There, you will be asked in the Shpping section of the Shopping Cart to enter your state and zip code (if you live in the USA) or your country and postal code if you live outside the USA. You will then be shown the USPS charges for your order, and you may have more than one option presented. All this information is presented to you without entering any billing/shipping informtion, so it's a good way to find out what shipping fees are before placing an order.
- What are your shipping policies? Is there a way to lower shipping charges?
Our shipping is through the USPS, so we can ship to home and business addresses and PO Boxes anywhere in the world. Our shipping charges reflect the charges by the USPS, which were just increased on Jan. 17, 2016, so they are based on weight, distance traveled, and speed of service. We do not tack on charges to profit from shipping our products. Our business usually purchases the postage online which is about 10% cheaper than buying it in an actual post office, and we use that savings to cover the cost of mailing supplies and driving to the PO, etc. Almost all packages are sent by First Class and Priority Shipping.
Know that our online store is somewhat limited in shipping options, like it cannot include flat rate shipping as an option. So we review each order placed, and if a less expensive option (like Flat Rate) is available in the same class of shipping chosen by you, we will opt for that. We then pass any savings in shipping costs back to you as a credit to your card or PayPal account. If your shipping charges are holding you back from ordering with us
, send us an email or call us with what you want to order, and we will see if we are able to find a less expensive option. Some items, like books and DVDs, may be able to be shipped by Media Mail, another source of savings to you.
- Where are Patsy’s free downloads?
At the top of the home page of the website, click on the “Education” tab. This brings up a drop-down menu, and from the drop-down menu select Free Downloads.
- Where are Patsy’s free video tutorials?
At the top of the home page of the website, click on the “Education” tab. This brings up a drop-down menu and from the drop-down menu select Free Video Tutorials.
- Where can I find inspiration for my next project?
Patsy is always showing us what she is working on in her blog
; this is a great place to find inspiration for your next project!
- Where can I apply to become a wholesaler?
At the top of the home page of the website, click on the “Wholesale Accounts” tab. This brings up a drop-down menu, and from the drop-down menu select Apply to become a Wholesaler
- Where can I log in once my wholesale account has been approved?
At the top of the homepage of the website, click on the “Wholesale Accounts” tab. This brings up a drop down menu, and from the drop-down menu select Wholesale/Distributor Log In
- I am looking for a product and can’t seem to find it. What should I do?
Try using our “Search” feature; this is accessible from every page on the website. Simply fill in key words such as, color (like purple), by brand (like HandiQuilter), or by product name (like VersaTool). You can also put in the item name like ruler or adhesive spray.
- I just bought something at regular price in your store while ago, and now it is listed on sale. Can you give me the sale price?
The short answer is no. I wish we could accommodate every customer when this issue arises. We put items on sale for a set time, usually a week. There HAS to be a start and stop time for all sales, like at most retailers. To try to offer the sale price to customers outside those dates would be monumental. At what point do you REALLY stop offering a sale price? One day? One week? One month? Then the idea of a sale kind of goes out the window. And if you take it further, the only "right thing to do" would be for us to contact all the people who bought the item that later went on sale, and give them the discount. So you see this becomes impossible. So we don't offer the sale price beyond the sale time, and please don't ask us to do this, as it puts everyone in an awkward situation.
- Do you offer gift certificates?
This is in the planning stage, not available now.
- I forgot my log-in password. Is there a way to reset it?
Click on Login on our home page, and from there, click the link to have your password reset.
- I want to be kept up to date on the latest sales, products, give-aways, and all other events going on in the store. Is there a newsletter that can give me all of this information?
Yes there is, though it is infrequent!!; we have a newsletter a few times a year. Simply sign up by clicking on the “Mailing List” icon at the top of the website and make sure you select the “ Subscribe
” link. From there, simply enter your email address and name and you will start receiving our newsletters! (Note: we do not give our mailing list to others!)
- I no longer wish to receive your newsletter. Is there a way I can unsubscribe?
Of course! Click on the “Mailing List” icon at the top of the website, then select the “ Unsubscribe
” link. Fill out your information and you will no longer receive our newsletters.
- I can't get my DVD to play? Any suggestions?
We get this question occasionally. Our DVDs are duplicated to be able to play on virtually any DVD player anywhere in the world. In the 30,000+ DVDs we have shipped, only 1 or 2 were actually defective in some way and needed to be replaced. In most cases, if it does not play on a computer's DVD player, there is something with the software not allowing it to play. In any event, if the DVD does not play correctly, please try it in at least 2 or 3 other DVD players or computers before contacting us. We hope not to have to replace #3 DVD!!!
1. PURCHASE AGREEMENTThis Agreement contains the complete terms and conditions that apply to the purchase of the products described on this site, sold by Patsy Thompson Designs, Ltd. As used in this Agreement “PTD” means Patsy Thompson Designs, Ltd., “PTD PRODUCTS” means the Patsy Thompson Designs, Ltd. products listed for sale and “BUYER” means the person ordering the PTD PRODUCTS.These terms and conditions are applicable for PTD PRODUCTS you purchase today through this site (the PTD Online Store), and may be different from the terms and conditions of purchase for other PTD products you purchase through other websites or resale locations—therefore, please carefully review these terms and conditions before purchase.2. SUPERSEDING EFFECTThese terms and conditions apply to all PTD business transactions conducted via this online store. To the extent these terms and conditions of sale differ from those outlined in other agreements, including distributor agreements, these terms and conditions shall control.3. PURCHASES ON THE PTD ONLINE STOREPurchases on the PTD Online Store may be made by credit card, and only via online entry. Terms of credit card payment are governed by the customer's agreement with the applicable credit card issuer. 4. PRODUCTS AVAILABLEPTD products, and products from other sources, may be added or removed from the PTD Online Store at any time without advance notice. The offer of PTD Products and non-PTD Products for online sale in no way commits PTD to continue to offer the same items or format for sale in the future.5. PTD RIGHT TO LIMIT QUANTITIES OR DECLINE SALEPTD reserves the right to limit sale or quantities of PTD PRODUCTS available through the PTD Online Store. PTD reserves the right to exercise its discretion to decline sale of any PTD PRODUCT, to a prospective purchaser. If PTD rejects the order, then PTD will notify the BUYER the order has been rejected.6. SALES TAX POLICYBecause PTD, LTD is based in the state of Ohio in the United States, we are required to collect sales tax on all orders billed from addresses in Ohio. Also, ALL orders paid by physical check must be taxed for Ohio state sales tax. Information about our tax-free sales offerings to qualified parties can be found below in section 9, titled WHOLESALE SALES.7. SHIPPING AREAS AND HANDLING CHARGESPTD PRODUCTS may be ordered from, and for use, worldwide. PTD PRODUCTS purchased on the PTD Online Store will be delivered via United States Postal Service (USPS). 8. DELIVERY OF ORDERED PRODUCTSPaid orders of PTD PRODUCTS from the PTD Online Store will be shipped within 24 to 48 hours of a BUYER'S order submission. BUYER should expect this time increment for handling to be added to any delivery estimates listed by various available shipping methods. For example, US Domestic Priority Mail is typically delivered within 2-3 business days; an order placed with the First Class shipping option can be expected to arrive at the delivery address within 4-6 business days.9. WHOLESALE SALESPTD makes tax-free sales offerings available to qualified parties. Wholesale Reseller applicants must operate a licensed business and must be holders of a valid state or locality tax license or permit, and where applicable, a US Federal Tax ID. The Wholesale Reseller understands and agrees that if it uses any property purchased tax exempt in any manner which would not exempt the sale from sales tax, the Wholesale Reseller becomes the user or consumer of such property, and as such assumes liability for the sales tax and interest and penalty therein, if any.Applications may be submitted for a PTD Wholesale Reseller account via a two step process:A. Complete the Membership signup form on the PTD Online Store, filling out the optional Wholesaler area.B. In addition to the online membership sign-up form, Wholesale Reseller approval requires that a photocopy of your vendor's license be on file for our records - this may be faxed to us in the US at 419-491-1831 or sent via USPS mail to Patsy Thompson Designs, Ltd., 1590 Albon Rd #32, Holland, OH 43528, USA. Upon approval, the applicant's store login will be adjusted to allow visibility to our wholesaler incentives.Please note that any individual wholesale order must include a minimum order of $75.00. All sales are final with no returns accepted for unsold product. We will replace defective merchandise at no cost.10. RETURNSAll sales are final. These orders are non-returnable, except in the case of shipping error by PTD or product defect. In these cases the PTD PRODUCT must be returned by BUYER within 60 days of the shipment date. PTD will not accept BUYER convenience returns for PTD PRODUCTS purchased through the PTD Online Store that meet applicable PTD specifications.Should PTD incorrectly fill BUYER’s order, the incorrect PTD PRODUCT received is returnable, transportation collect, for full credit, provided the PTD PRODUCT is in salable condition and the error is reported promptly. BUYER must request and receive a return authorization number before returning the PTD PRODUCT. Please submit the request using the "Contact Us" form available on the PTD Online Store. PTD PRODUCT returned without a return authorization may be denied credit.In the event the PTD PRODUCT is defective, PTD will repair or replace it, at its sole discretion. PTD will not authorize cash refunds on PTD Online Store purchases, but will issue a credit against the BUYER's credit card or PayPal account.11. PRODUCT USEMany factors beyond PTD’s control can affect the use and performance of a PTD PRODUCT in a particular application, including the conditions under which the product is used and the time and environmental conditions under which the PTD PRODUCT is expected to perform. Since these factors are uniquely within the BUYER’s knowledge and control, it is essential that the BUYER evaluate the PTD PRODUCT to determine whether it is fit for a particular purpose and suitable for the BUYER’s method of application. This includes the BUYER evaluating the functionality and/or suitability of the DVD playback device or software package which may be used to view the PTD PROCDUCTS.12. REGION-FREE DVD COMPATIBILITYAll PTD DVDs are region-free discs and will play free from region code restrictions in set-top DVD players worldwide.13. WARRANTY AND LIMITED REMEDYThe PTD PRODUCTS will meet PTD’s specifications at the time of shipment. PTD MAKES NO OTHER WARRANTIES, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, ANY IMPLIED WARRANTY OF MERCHANTABILITY OR FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. If a PTD PRODUCT is defective, BUYER’s exclusive remedy and PTD’s sole obligation shall be, at PTD’s option, to replace the PTD PRODUCT or refund the purchase price.14. LIMITATION OF LIABILITYPTD will not be liable for any loss or damage arising from the PTD PRODUCTS, whether direct, indirect, special, incidental or consequential, regardless of the legal theory asserted, including warranty, contract, negligence or strict liability.15. CONTROLLING LAWSThis Agreement will be construed and interpreted in accordance with the laws of the State of Delaware.16. ENTIRE AGREEMENTThis Agreement constitutes the entire agreement between the parties relating to the subject matter of the Agreement and supersedes all prior agreements, whether written or oral and all other communications between the parties relating to the subject matter of this Agreement.17. MODIFICATION OF AGREEMENTThis Agreement may not be changed except by a written agreement signed by an authorized officer of PTD.18. ACCEPTANCE OF AGREEMENT BY BUYERBUYER accepts the terms and conditions of this Agreement by clicking the “Submit” option during the checkout process.: